Have y’all seen the viral TikTok feta baked pasta video where people toss a block of feta with some tomatoes, bake it, and finish with pasta? I normally tend to pass by these kind of short-lived recipe feature things without much thought, but kept hearing from other blogger friends that this was actually pretty tasty. From TikTok to my kitchen, I decided to give it a go with my own southern spiced twist. — Creamy baked feta recipe with tomatoes, crumbled sausage, jalapeños, ricotta and pimentos.
I have to say that there was a big bonus of how simple this recipe comes together. I was initially thinking I would try to make some sort of twist on a good ol’ pimento cheese dish. This is when I thought about the block of feta, which is kinda the star of the show and all, and didn’t really love the idea of mixing in cheddar with it. Ricotta, on the other hand, sounded like a great companion.
Spicy sausage makes this recipe go full-on comfort food mode. You can certainly use mild, but I encourage you to try out the version with a kick. It really lends well to the feta and ricotta creamy sauce that is created after baking.
You may not find me trusting the internet all the time (remember the peas for guacamole thing???), but this one is worth celebrating. Well played, TikTok. Well played.
Viral baked feta pasta dish with a bit of southern charm. Sausage, tomatoes, jalapeno, ricotta, feta, and pasta makes for a super simple savory meal. From SouthernFatty.com.
- 1 lb pasta
- 20 oz grape tomatoes
- 7 oz feta cheese
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 4 oz ricotta, preferably whole milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Herbs de Provence or Italian dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon diced pimentos
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Brown sausage over medium heat with the dried herbs de Provence / Italian seasoning herbs.
- Remove when cooked through to drain. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add Murray's Feta in the center of the pan.
- Toss the tomatoes with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
- Pour tomatoes around the feta cheese.
- Dice jalapeno (optional) and pimentos into pan.
- Top with the cooked sausage crumbles, dot with ricotta.
- Bake until golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes (will vary depending on the pan you use).
- While baking, cook pasta toi package instructions, drain and reserve.
- Toss pasta into hot base and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 797mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g