Bringing the campfire fav into the kitchen, this S’mores Crepe Cake recipe has chocolate crepe layers topped with 30-layers of marshmallow buttercream, topped with chocolate ganache and toasted marshmallows.
I feel like I’ve totally become that old man that just talks and whines about the weather every day. So, with that said, it’s so damn hot out, y’all! I am beyond ready for fall. So much so that I decided to bring the campfire indoors with this S
I realize that this cake might seem a bit daunting at first glassy-chocolate glance, but it really isn’t so bad. All of the components can be assembled individually ahead of time, requiring only a quick assembly.
I ended up making the crêpes on a Friday night and tossed them in the fridge (they freeze great as well), buttercream on Sunday, and finished it off on Monday. I skipped Saturday because I made a (somewhat irresponsible) impulse purchase of a 3D printer and ended up sitting in my living room floor like a child at Christmas trying to assemble and play with it. More on that later…
Be sure you are following along on Instagram. I’ve posted some fun Stories there with what kitchen ideas I am creating on the 3D printer.
Much like s
Bringing the campfire fav into the kitchen, this S'mores Crepe Cake recipe has chocolate crepe layers topped with 30-layers of marshmallow buttercream, topped with chocolate ganache and toasted marshmallows. From SouthernFatty.com.
- 500 g / about 4 cups flour, all-purpose or French T-55
- 25 g / 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 150 g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 1L / 4 cups milk
- 25 g / 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 eggs, whole
- 6 g / 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 g / 1 cup milk
- 50 g / 6 tablespoons flour
- 230 g / 1 cup butter, room temp.
- 90 g / 3/4 cup sugar, confectioners/powdered
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 175 g / 1 cup chocolate
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- graham crackers, crushed
- Whisk dry ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine and mix very well. The batter will be quite thin.
- Optionally, but preferably for best results, chill the batter for at least an hour. It can easily sit overnight covered in the refridgerator.
- To cook crepes, heat a shallow skillet (non-stick preferred) over medium heat. If you have a thermal thermometer, the ideal temperature for the pan is 400 F.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and quickly swirl it around or use a crepe tool to spread evenly. Do this quickly and evenly. It may take a few for practice.
- Cook for about a minute and carefully flip. Cook for an additional 30 seconds until slightly crispy on the edges and browned.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Continue to cook crepes, placing cooked crepes on top of the stack.
- You may chill or freeze the finished crepes (wrap well) if desired before assembly. If frozen, thaw in fridge for a couple hours before using.
- While cake is cooling completely, make the frosting:
- Combine flour and milk in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until reduced and thick. Look for a paste-like consistency. Stop when you can see the bottom of the pan remain when stirring through mixture.
- Remove and cool.
- Cream butter and sugar 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled flour mixture and mix at medium/medium-high speed until mixed thoroughly.
- Be sure to scrape sides.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Optionally, use a sieve to strain any lumps.
- Whip in marshmallow cream.
- Place finaely chopped chocolate in heat-safe bowl.
- Warm heavy cream in microwave for 30-60 seconds, stirring often to prevent any burning.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- With a spatula, gently mix until fully melted.
- Cool slightly.
- Alternate the crepes and marshmallow buttercream. I used a scoop to keep the buttercream amount consistent. It should be quite thin between each layer.
- Top with ganache and crushed graham crackers.
- Place marshmallows on top.
- Toast when ready to serve.
- Enjoy! Find more recipes on SouthernFatty.com
- Share what you've made with us on social media by tagging @southernfatty / #southernfatty.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 7g