I am officially finished with the summer heat, y’all. Nashville is hawwwwwt in one of those uncomfortable, sticky kinda ways. The only saving grace right now is that I really do love all of the summer minglings with friends. Weekend and evening drinks and laughs almost make me forget that fall is just around the corner now. While I sit and dream of the falling leaves and sweaters, I am still pushing out some great party bites.
These Goat Cheese and Prosciutto-stuffed Peppadews are a unique, great app to whip up in just minutes. You can even share a few, if you’d like.
If you haven’t had peppadew peppers before, you might be surprised. They aren’t spicy. It’s basically a pickled sweet pepper. About the size of a cherry tomato, you can find read a bit more about their gain in popularity here. I pick them up near the olive bar at the grocery, and can personally attest that they are killer on a homemade pizza. Hide a few of these from your friends and try that one out the next day.
Short and sweet, just like these peppers. Enjoy!
- 2 cups peppadew sweet peppers (~ 20)
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon crushed roasted garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Rinse and pat the peppers dry. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except the prosciutto.
- Mix well. Use a hand mixer for best results.
- If the mixture is too thick, add additional cream cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pipe or spoon a small amount of the cheese mixture onto cut pieces prosciutto.
- Roll and place inside peppers.
- Find more on SouthernFatty.com.