Chewy, buttery oatmeal cookies recipe packed with Halloween candy. Monster cookies from butter and sugar creamed base with M&Ms, marshmallows, candy bar pieces, and caramelized melted candy corn.
It’s been a monster bash of a year, y’all. Or two, really. With Hocus Pocus on the tube, ghouls and ghosts in the air, and all of the candy sitting in the pantry tempting you with every glance until Trick or Treat hits, there is still a good chance to celebrate with some cookies. Monster cookies are a personal favorite, with a super chewy oatmeal brown sugar base and handfuls of M&Ms. This recipe for halloween candy monster cookies uses a similar foundation as that of typical monster cookies, but has a few costume changes.
Instead of the usual brown sugar, I decided to use regular white sugar. With all of the candy added, I thought that the extra richness and warmth of brown sugar wasn’t really needed. This ends up being a bit more vanilla, but stays super chewy. I left the oats in for texture (so it’s still basically a granola bar, right?) and because oatmeal cookies are the best.
As for Halloween candy… there are SO many options. I might lose some of y’all with this one, but I ended up tossing in candy corn. I don’t usually care for them on their own, since it’s like taking a bite out of a Madame Tussauds wax figure, but when they were baked they partially caramelized and added chewy bits to the cookie. Try it. Just once at least! Mini M&M candy, chopped up Twix bars, and marshmallows. Sweet, chewy, crispy, squishy. Like that one house that passes out full bars, this cookie has. it. all.
Halloween Candy Monster Cookies
Chewy, buttery oatmeal cookies recipe packed with Halloween candy. Butter and sugar creamed base with M&Ms, marshmallows, candy bar pieces, and caramelized melted candy corn.
- 1/2 cup butter, salted, room temp.
- 1 cup sugar, granulated white
- 1 egg, whole, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 1/2 cup oats, rolled (NOT instant)
- 1/2 cup M&M candies (I used mini)
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped candy bars (I used Twix)
- 1/2 chopped candy corn
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Begin by combining the butter and sugar into a mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Mix at medium speed until well-creamed (light and smooth) for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, mixiing briefly until combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, oats, vanilla.
- Add a third of this dry mix to the creamed butter. Mix on low until just incorporated.
- Add the remaining dry mix and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add the candy and mix briefly.
- For large cookies, measure dough using a 1/3 measuring cup. For smaller cookies, measure a 1/4 measuring cup (baking time will vary depending on amount - this is listed for the 1/3 cup measurement).
- Place dough portions on prepared baking sheet. Be sure to leave a large space between each. You may bake these in two batches if necessary.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning pan halfway through. Remove and allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Enjoy! Fnd more recipes on SouthernFatty.com.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
Leave a Reply