Christmas time is heeeeere. Bringing lots of boozy cheer. — All I need now is a spotlight, a piano, and a nice holiday cocktail to start the show.
Taking a cranberry twist to the lemon favorite, this Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini is the perfect holiday companion for the season.
There really isn’t much to the perfect lemon drop concoction. A few simple rules. Fresh, fresh, fresh. There isn’t much that goes into this cocktail, so make sure that all of the parts are just perfect. Quality booze (this isn’t a PBR bar), real lemon juice (that bottled stuff is just nasty… what is it made of, anyway?!), and a touch of homemade sweetness.
Although it is against the unspoken rule of a good martini, I prefer this one shaken like a salt shaker. I find it leaves a super chill, smooth finish and gives a splash of dilution that helps that blast of sweetened vodka ease up a bit. Try it both ways. A good reason to make another drink, right?
Personally, the sugar rim is what makes this one of my favorites. Maybe it was because I was that kid that used to sneak sugar packets form restaurants and just eat them in my room at night. Weird? No? Didn’t think so. — Sugar rim is always a bonus. You could even use some finishing sugar for an extra holiday glimmer.
- 5 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 1½ ounces limoncello
- ½ ounce lemon juice, fresh
- ¾ ounce cranberry simple syrup
- sugar, to finish, optional
- Boil cranberries, sugar, water for a couple minutes until sugar is completely dissolved and cranberries broken down.
- Strain and cool.
- Combine ingredients in shaker full of ice.
- Shake well for 30 seconds.
- Rim a martinin glass with lemon juice and dip in sugar, if desired.
- Pour in drink and enjoy.
- Find more on SouthernFATTY.com